Dragination

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dragination

A forum about chatting and roleplaying in an imaginary world!

2 posters

Rainy outskirts (for mallanmissan)

Aziquesa
    Aziquesa
    Admin

Rainy outskirts (for mallanmissan) Empty Rainy outskirts (for mallanmissan)

Post by Aziquesa Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:20 pm

It was an unusually cold day in the middle of the spring. By the time the sun started to close onto the horizon, a dragoness stretched her legs after her daily afterfood-nap. She opened her tired eyes and gazed at the sinking sun. Covered by clouds, it was still visible, but just barely. Sunset today would seemingly become colorful. Realizing she was in a good mood, the blue dragon stood up and scratched her side against the tree she had been sleeping under. When satisfied she stretched her back once more and started to walk. She headed towards a cliff she knew was really nice to watch the sunset on. There was also a moderately big cave nearby the cliff in case it got too cold, too windy, or in case rain or snow would start falling. These cliffside parts of the outskirts was known for the constant heavy rain. One of all the good reasons she often stayed out here for days. The peaceful silence and lack of hostile creatures. Only young and more defenseless animals came to the area, in search of a safer place. Lots of hostile and aggressive creatures resided in the forest, so small animals lived under constant danger and great threats. That's why the young came here often. They searched safety in the outskirts, where the hostiles would never come, because of the lack of trees and bushes to hide in. What they didn't know about was the heavy rain and....her.. She was probably the reason that the others kept their distance. Could be the cliffs of course, but since she had almost claimed this area as her home, she was here very often. The creatures that came out here....was hers to claim as dinner of the day.

Feeling a drip on her nozzle, she woke up from her thoughts, and looked up at the sky. The clouds had gotten thicker and darker; and they threatened her with their loads of falling water. She decided not wanting to get more wet than necessary, and hurried to the cave. How stupid of her to choose a place so far from shelter. Drips started to fall, long before she had any roof over her head. After a few minutes the rain was pouring down from the black sky, in big and heavy drips, and the dragoness was totally soaked. To her relief though, she could now slip into the shelter of her cave, and she walked as far in as she could get. There, in the very end of the cavern, lots and lots of moss, twigs and grass was placed in a fine circle, as a nest. She laid down in the nest and cuddled up with the moss and fur carefully spread across the floor of the nest. With a smile, she felt warmth spread in her body, and she let herself relax while watching the sunset through the wide opening of the cave.
    mallanmissan
    mallanmissan

Rainy outskirts (for mallanmissan) Empty Re: Rainy outskirts (for mallanmissan)

Post by mallanmissan Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:58 pm

A human shaped form was running through the forest towards the outskirts and cliffy terrain. The being has a long black trenchcoat with a deep hoodie, it helped to keep the rain away but not for much longer. The now darkened sky poured rain down the land.

Feeling the hostility of these woods the form burst from the bushes and into the outskirts with heavy panting following it's body. 'I need to find shelter..'
    Aziquesa
    Aziquesa
    Admin

Post by Aziquesa Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:27 pm

While not entirely asleep, the dragon felt entirely at peace. She was in the middle of thoughts when a sound was heard from outside. With wonder, she stood up and started to walk towards the entrance. Not really wanting to stretch outside, she stopped right inside and listened carefully, trying to ignore the roaring rain. She swore it had been a rustle she heard, and knowing how bushes sounded like, she tensed slightly in preparation for whatever was to come.
    mallanmissan
    mallanmissan

Post by mallanmissan Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:36 pm

It ran up the slope towards the cliffs, noticing a cave the cloak covered body turned to thew cave and began to sprint yet again, making loud noises as it got closer.
    Aziquesa
    Aziquesa
    Admin

Post by Aziquesa Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:48 pm

There was surely something out there. The dragon let out a faint growl, but silenced herself quickly, in order to make sure she wasn't noticed too soon. She crawled backwards and curled up against the wall. Whatever was about to show up in the entrance was her to claim. Depending on what it was, she might just spare the creature's life.
    mallanmissan
    mallanmissan

Post by mallanmissan Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:52 pm

The roaring rain quiteded down as I got under the caves roof, I was at the entrance trying to get the wetness out of my cloak.
    Aziquesa
    Aziquesa
    Admin

Post by Aziquesa Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:01 pm

The figure that came into the cave was wearing something dark. A chill trailed down my spine, telling me this wasn't good. The creature didn't seem so see me here in the shadows, so I decided to wait for a moment, to see what its next move might be.
    mallanmissan
    mallanmissan

Post by mallanmissan Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:08 pm

I growled to myself, this weather just had to come like a sudden wave.. the hood fell on my shoulders as I shook my head back and forth, swishing golden locks into position.

Aziquesa
    Aziquesa
    Admin

Post by Aziquesa Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:46 pm

The hood fell, and I was ready to throw myself onto the foolish human that had come all the way out here to my lair. When I saw though... This was no human. I didn't move from my hidningplace, since I still didn't know what it was, but all thoughts of acting violently had gone from my mind. Golden hair fell in place as it was released from the hood, and it reminded me of my own yellowish hair. My paw found its way to my locks instinctively, and feeling the wet strands made a curiosity rise within me...
    mallanmissan
    mallanmissan

Post by mallanmissan Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:33 pm

I let my breathing calm as I felt the stillness of this cave.
    my feet continued a few steps inside, giving my tail under my coat free space as I moved forward.
    "atleast I got away.. thank you mother nature" I whispered to myself.
    Aziquesa
    Aziquesa
    Admin

Post by Aziquesa Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:26 pm

The creature walked further into the cave, and a tail slipped out from under the dark coat. I was speechless, and wanted to know more. What was this, and where did it come from? The curiosity led me to a decision, and I carefully took a few steps out from the shadows, not making a sound. Since the other creature was now further in, I hope it still hadn't seen me. Wondering how I should approach, I stared at the ground and listened to the raging storm outside. A few drips landed on my tail, cold and hard, and I quickly cuddled up with myself where I stood. Noticing a rock beside me, I came up with a possible approach. I sat down and took the little stone with my hand and rolled it along the floor, all the way down, stopping in front of the creature's feet.
    mallanmissan
    mallanmissan

Post by mallanmissan Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:44 pm

A pebble suddenly came and stopped infront of my feet, I whipped my head to where the stone came from.
    I couldn't believe what my eyes were seeing, the form of a dragon in all it's glory.

my body tensed, this could end horribly, this was probably the dragons nest or something..
    I took a step back, looking at the big creature.
    Aziquesa
    Aziquesa
    Admin

Post by Aziquesa Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:12 pm

Realizing the creature had turned to look at me, I lowered my head and gave up a quiet hum. Wondering what would happen next, I studied the face and saw a pair of big blue eyes, reflecting my own worry. Also seeing the smooth cheeks and round chin, it seemed to be a female, and a young one too. I saw another pebble before my feet, and stretched my nose down to push it. As it rolled I raised my head up again, and breathed out when it stopped a few inches in front of the female. I hummed again and hoped the signals I sent would reach her properly.
    mallanmissan
    mallanmissan

Post by mallanmissan Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:19 pm

It's gesture were.. non threatning. I swallowed my worry and stood my ground, the dragon seemed to want to make contact, a soothing hum following.

I decided to sit down on my knees and make the same hum that the dragon did, trying to look calm and kind.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content